Roadside Assistance FAQs

How many times can I use the service in a year?
You are entitled to up to three (3) services per year (12 months).

What is the maximum benefit for each service?
You will be provided a service up to $100. If the charges incurred for your service exceed $100, the service provider will collect the additional amount directly from you. Excess charges beyond your limit usually are the result of the service provider having to travel greater distances to either get to you or for towing to your selected destination.

What is “Sign & Drive”?
“Sign & Drive” means you do not pay out-of-pocket to the service provider who assists you up to your maximum benefit limit. These expenses are paid by roadside assistance administrator directly to the service providers.

What is the average response time when I need help on the road? 
The average response time from service providers to arrive is approximately 45 minutes. Response times will vary based on weather, traffic, and your location.

When can I use this service?
The service is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Where can I use this service? 
The service is available to you in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

What vehicles are not eligible for service? 
Vehicles used for commercial use as well as vehicles with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) over 10,000 lbs.

If I don’t have a spare tire, how will a tire change work? 
If you don’t have a usable spare tire, we will tow your vehicle to the nearest facility able to assist you up to your benefit maximum.

How does fuel delivery work? 
If you run out of gas, enough fuel will be delivered so that you can reach the nearest fueling station. You will be responsible for the cost of the fuel delivered and must pay the service provider directly.

What if I get service on my own? Will you reimburse me? 
We have a very extensive network of service providers. We believe that in the vast majority of instances, we will be able to provide “Sign & Drive” dispatch service for you. In the unlikely event we are unable to, we will provide you an authorization number to get services on your own. Once you get the service, all you need to do is to send us the receipt from the tow provider and the authorization number we issued to you. You will then receive a reimbursement up to your maximum. Reimbursements will not be honored without an authorization number issued by our dispatch service prior to you securing services on your own.

What happens if I am in an accident?
Police involvement prevents us from being able to assist you in the event of a car accident. Your insurance company may provide you benefits for these situations.

What if I am on a toll-way or turnpike?
In some cases the toll-way or turnpike is restricted to its own towing providers and does not allow our assistance. It is always best to call us, and we can help you determine if you are on a “restricted roadway”. In this event, we will provide you an authorization for reimbursement, and you can send your receipt along with your authorization for reimbursement up to your maximum benefit.

Have more questions? Submit a request
Powered by Zendesk