The ScriptSave WellRx program provides:
- A prescription savings card that offers instant savings at the register on both brand name and generic prescription medication. Use the card to save on prescriptions for you and everyone in your household including your pets.
- No enrollment fee and no limits on usage.
- Everyone in your household can use the same card.
- A pharmacy discount network of 62,000 participating pharmacies across the county including chain and independent retail pharmacies.
How does the ScriptSave WellRx Card work?
Step 1: Download the mobile app or click Get Card on the website.
Step 2: Search for the lowest priced prescription medications near you.
Step 3: Show your savings card at the pharmacy each time you fill or refill a prescription.
It's that easy! There is no paperwork to complete and no limit on usage.
Who can use the ScriptSave WellRx savings card?
- If you do not have health insurance, use your ScriptSave WellRx card for any brand name or generic prescriptions you or your household members pay for out-of- pocket.
- If you have health insurance coverage, use your ScriptSave WellRx card for any prescriptions that are not covered by your insurance plan or for family members not covered by insurance.
- If you have Medicare and are enrolled in a Medicare Part D plan, use your ScriptSave WellRx card for any prescriptions that are excluded by Medicare Part D law.
- If you have Medicare and decide not to enroll in Medicare Part D - you can save money instantly with a ScriptSave WellRx card! There are no age or income restrictions.
How much will I save with the ScriptSave WellRx card?
Savings average 45% with potential savings of up to 80% (based on 2015 national program savings data). Savings vary based upon the medication and the pharmacy you choose to use.
Do all pharmacies accept the ScriptSave WellRx Card?
ScriptSave WellRx is accepted at 62,000 participating chain and independent retail pharmacies nationwide, so there's likely a participating pharmacy nearby. Chances are, the pharmacy you use now participates. To find a participating pharmacy near you click here and enter the prescription medication you wish to price.
Attention Walmart and Sam's Club pharmacy customers! Recently, Walmart and Sam's Club pharmacies updated their pharmacy computer systems. Walmart and Sam's Club pharmacists may require you to show yourScriptSave ® WellRx card again.
To assist you in managing this update, please show your ScriptSave WellRx card to the pharmacist each time you fill or refill a prescription.
My pharmacy won't take my ScriptSave WellRx card.
If you are using a participating pharmacy, our customer service representatives will be happy to assist the pharmacy with processing. To speak to a representative, call 1-800- 407-8156.
Are generic prescription drugs really as good as brand name drugs?
"A" rated generics meet the same quality standards as brand name prescription drugs. A drug that is "A" rated by the FDA as a generic equivalent contains identical active ingredients as the brand name drug, the same dosage as the brand name drug, and delivers the same amount of drug to the bloodstream within the same amount of time. Other than the price, there is little difference, although the shape or color of the generic is likely to be different from the brand name.
How do I know if a generic is "A" rated?
Most pharmacies carry primarily "A" rated generics. Non- "A" rated generics are usually used only for conditions that are not life-threatening (such as decongestants, etc.), but the only way to know for sure is to ask your pharmacist.
Should I switch to a generic?
For both chronic and acute conditions, most people can safely fill a generic prescription and expect the same safety and effectiveness as the brand name drug. For some people it is important to remain consistent with the brand of medication being taken, so ask your pharmacist if your prescriptions should be filled with the same generic manufacturer. Get to know your medication - the size, shape, color and imprinting. If you notice any changes, be sure to ask. However, anytime you consider a change in your prescription you should discuss this with your pharmacist and your physician.
What if there is no generic available?
Generic prescription drugs are available only when the patent for the original brand name drug has expired. The patents for many popular brand name drugs have recently expired. However, if a generic is not available, there may be an alternative medication in the same pharmaceutical class that is less expensive or that does have a generic equivalent. Ask your physician if such an alternative would be right for you.
Can I save on drugs for my pets?
Yes. Many drugs for pets are also human drugs. Ask your veterinarian if there is a human equivalent and dosage for your pet. If so, your vet can write a prescription to be filled with your ScriptSave WellRx savings card at most of our participating pharmacies. Learn more.
Discount Pet Care
Caring for pets can be expensive. ScriptSave® WellRx can help. ScriptSave WellRx can provide instant savings at the register on brand-name and generic prescriptions. Use the card to save on medications for the entire family – including your pets.
Using Your ScriptSave WellRx Card for Savings on Medications for Your Pets.
With your ScriptSave WellRx Prescription Savings Card, you can save an average of 45% and up to 80% * on medications for your pets, too. Many medications prescribed for pets have human equivalents that are available at your local retail pharmacy. Just ask your veterinarian to write your pet's prescription for the human equivalent. Then fill the prescription at your favorite participating pharmacy using your ScriptSave WellRx card. It's that simple. Discount pet care for antibiotics, arthritis and pain medications, ear and eye medications, thyroid medications and more. We're accepted nationwide at over 62,000 pharmacies. Show your savings card. Receive your discount:
- No enrollment fee and no limits on usage
- Everyone in your household can use the same card
- Average savings of 45%, with potential savings of up to 80% on brand-name and generic prescription medicines *
- Accepted at over 62,000 participating pharmacies
- All prescription medications are eligible for savings